Sometimes life and work throw you a curve and all you want to do is blog, but you get so busy and it's 5:00pm and there you are: in your pajamas, you didn't go to the gym and there are still hours of work ahead. As it's clear that Life In Style is taking an Indian Summer hiatus while it's author works her butt off, here are The Top Ten Things To Do While You Are Waiting for Life In Style To Resuscitate:
10. Call Babbo and wait on hold for a reservation not at 4:30 or 11:45 pm.
9. Celebrate the return of the fall television shows and get into Mad Men.
8. Download the summer's pictures off your camera and have them printed. When was the last time you held a photograph?
7. Swap your foundation out for the non-summer shade. Replace your mascara while you're at it.
6. Go to yoga. It's a love/hate relationship with the mat, but we all need it.
5. Anna Wintour your closet for the outdated pieces that are holding your New Fall Self back and start the recon mission for key wardrobe updates. Get out there - it's not an easy fall...
4. Try sticking to the "cash only budget" plan and see what that life is like.
3. Be thankful that the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, is on its way.
2. Trade heirloom tomato salad for Granny Smith apple crisp.
1. Call your mother. She knows a lot more than you do.